What is the DABDUINO?
The DABDUINO is good starting point for high quality DIY DAB/DAB+/FM home receiver project, car receiver or anything you want. Optical audio outout (SPDIF/Toslink) and 32-bit, 384kHz PCM DAC offer the same audio quality as expensive DAB/DAB+ receivers.
The DABDUINO is Arduino DAB/DAB+ (digital radio) + FM shield with 32-bit, 384kHz PCM DAC (cinch) + SPDIF/Toslink optical digital audio output. DABDUINO Library is designed specifically to work with the DABDUINO.
The library supports many functions for control DABDUINO and for access to broadcast data. For example - automatic station search and store stations in database, watching and reading DAB/DAB+ and FM station name, program type, information texts and data from DAB/DAB+/FM RDS, signal strength and quality, volume and stereo mode settings and many others. In near future I will add functions for access to media data from DAB/DAB+ stream. For example - images, audio stream, etc.
- Arduino (as shield): DUE, ZERO, M0, M0 PRO, TIAN, PRIMO
- Arduino (wired): MKRZero, MRK1000
generally all Arduino 3.3V boards
- STM32 (as shield): Nucleo L476RG, Nucleo F091RC, Nucleo F103RB
- STM32 (wired): STM32F103C8T6
generally all supported boards in Arduino_STM32
- DAB/DAB+: BAND III, CHINA BAND, L-BAND
- FM: 87.5 - 108MHz
- RF (antenna): SMA connector, solder pads
- Analog audio: 32-bit, 384kHz PCM DAC - stereo cinch (golden), solder pads
- Digital audio: SPDIF/Toslink (optical)
Real Time Clock (RTC):
- on board, synchronised from DAB/DAB+ stream
- DABDUINO is powered only from Arduino pin heads. No need external power source.
How to install
Open library manager in Arduino IDE and install the DABDUINO library.
Have some problem or questions?
Send me email :)
Where to buy the DABDUINO?
I wait for first batch of DABDUINO boards. First boards will be ready for dispatch in 05/2017. Price is 69 EUR. Postage for Europe 6 EUR, for rest of the world 10 EUR. Send me preorder by email please.
Second prototype video
First prototype video